What’s up guys, welcome back to the most perfect receipes page. If you are searching for pleasing German-style Sourdough Rye Bread Rolls (Roggenmischbrötchen) recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent German-style Sourdough Rye Bread Rolls (Roggenmischbrötchen) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to german-style sourdough rye bread rolls (roggenmischbrötchen) recipe. To cook german-style sourdough rye bread rolls (roggenmischbrötchen) you need 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to cook a remarkably good German-style Sourdough Rye Bread Rolls (Roggenmischbrötchen):
- Use of Rye Sourdough:.
- You need 100 g of rye flour.
- You need 100 g of warm water.
- Provide 2 g of rye sourdough starter/mother.
- Prepare of Wheat Sourdough:.
- Use 100 g of bread flour.
- Provide 100 g of water.
- Take 2 g of sourdough starter (I used rye, but wheat is great too).
- Get of Main Dough:.
- Use 170 g of rye flour.
- You need 120 g of bread flour.
- You need 120 g of warm water.
- Get 10 g of salt.
- Get 15 g of molasses or honey.
- Get 15 g of butter.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on serving German-style Sourdough Rye Bread Rolls (Roggenmischbrötchen):
- Prep the rye sourdough by mixing 100 g rye flour, 100 g warm water and 2 g rye sourdough starter. Let proof for 20-22 hours at room temperature..
- Prep the wheat sourdough by mixing 100 g bread flour, 100 g water and 2 g sourdough starter (wheat sourdough if you have it. I don't so I used rye sourdough starter). Let proof for 20-22 hours at room temperature..
- The next day, mix the sourdough starters with the rest of the ingredients for the main dough. Mix with hands or a strong wooden spoon/spatula for several minutes until everything is evenly mixed. You won't be able to knead the dough like a typical bread..
- Cover the dough and let it proof for 2 hours at room temperature..
- After that, put the dough on a well floured surface and measure out pieces that are about 90-95 grams (or just divide it into 9 equal pieces). Form each piece into a round roll and dust with plenty of rye flour..
- Place the formed rolls crease-side up on a baking linen or non-fuzzy towel/tea towel that's dusted with rye flour. Cover lightly with another cloth and let proof for 2 hours at room temperature, or 10-12 hours in the refrigerator..
- When you're about ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 250°C/480°F. Place a metal tray at the bottom of the oven for that you can pour in boiling water for steam later on (or use your preferred method for steam). I have some volcanic rock on my tray to help make the steam finer (not necessary).
- When ready to bake, turn over each roll so the crease is on the bottom and transfer to a baking sheet. Cut a criss-cross pattern across the top of each roll with a bread lame or knife right before putting in oven..
- Put in oven in middle rack and pour in a cup or so of boiling water into the steam tray..
- Bake for 10 minutes at 250°F with steam. Then, remove the steam tray and bake another 10 minutes at 210°C..
- Remove and let cool on a rack..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Hope that your German-style Sourdough Rye Bread Rolls (Roggenmischbrötchen) makes your day joyful.