What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most complete receipes site. If you are looking for tasty Steamed bun /Man Thou/ 馒头 #chinesecooking recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Steamed bun /Man Thou/ 馒头 #chinesecooking recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed bun /man thou/ 馒头 #chinesecooking recipe. You can have steamed bun /man thou/ 馒头 #chinesecooking using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a appetizing Steamed bun /Man Thou/ 馒头 #chinesecooking:
- Provide 500 gr of bread flour.
- Use 150 gr of sugar.
- Use 7 gr of dry yeast.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 200-230 ml of water/milk.
- Provide 50 gr of white butter/margarine.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on producing Steamed bun /Man Thou/ 馒头 #chinesecooking:
- In a small bowl, mix one teaspoon sugar and yeast. Add some warm milk/water. Set it aside..
- In another mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and rest of water. Mix them well. Add the yeast mixture..
- Mix them well until form a dough. If you use machine, knead the dough for 20 minutes until it is smooth and reach the window pane. Then let it rest for 1 hour and it will be double in volume..
- Knead by hand, after mixing all the ingredients into a homogenized ball of dough. Knead it for 5 minutes. Set it aside or rest it for 20 minutes by covering the dough with dry towel..
- Knead the dough until it is smooth for another 10 minutes. Let it rest for 1 hour. It will be double in volume..
- Lightly dust your counter with flour, bring out the dough and divide the dough as your wish..
- Shape each dough into ball shape or any shape you like..
- Place it on a parchment paper. Final proofing phase – proof the dough at warm place or under sunshine for another 45 minutes to 1 hour..
- Prepare your steamer with water. Bring it to boil..
- Place the buns into the steamer. Steam it for 10-15 minutes depend on how big your buns. Minimun for the first batch is 15 minutes. The next batch, 10 minutes will be enough..
- Remove out the steamed bun quickly and place another batch of bun..
- Cool it down and enjoy your steamed bun..
Chinese steamed buns can be stuffed with various types of fillings or unstuffed. Those stuffed steamed buns are called as Baozi in Chinese (Bao Buns) and those without fillings are called as mantou. Mantou(馒头) is a basic staple in northern part of China and served in every places of China not just the northern part. Yabla.com, a free online dictionary with English, Mandarin Chinese, Pinyin, Strokes & Audio. Prepare and knead the steamed bun dough.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this web site fruitful Sharing this site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Steamed bun /Man Thou/ 馒头 #chinesecooking turns your day cheerful.