Hi people, back with us in the most excellent receipes site. If you are looking for complete Filipino Glutinous Rice Cake(Biko) recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Filipino Glutinous Rice Cake(Biko) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino glutinous rice cake(biko) recipe. To make filipino glutinous rice cake(biko) you need 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a yummy Filipino Glutinous Rice Cake(Biko):
- Provide 1 kg. of Glutinous Rice.
- Get 250-300 grams of brown sugar.
- You need 2 cups of coconut milk (divided into 2cups)see note 1..
- Get of Pandan leaves or vanilla essence (optional).
- Provide of note 1.
- Provide 1 cup of for toppings(latik)1cups for our sugar/Glutinous rice.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on serving Filipino Glutinous Rice Cake(Biko):
- Wash and cook the glutinous rice just like the way we cook normal rice but lessen the water,add the clean pandan leaves..
- While cooking the glutinous rice we can cook now our latik or toppings,in a frying pan pour the coconut milk or coconut cream.let it boil and simmer then stir constantly to avoid burning,when the oil extracted already and golden brown color appear it's done.separate the coconut oil from the latik..
- When glutinous rice was cooked,we can now start cooking.
- In a wok pour the coconut milk, let it boil..then add the sugar,stir to dissolve the sugar and let it boil again for a couple of minutes..
- When it's thick already,we can now add our cooked glutinous rice and constantly stir or mix it until its done,we can say it is done when we stir it and it's so sticky or almost all of the glutinous rice was stick on your ladle..
- Quickly transfer to a greased tray(use the coconut oil for greasing the tray)then flatten it..
- Put our toppings (latik),then serve.
It is made from glutinous rice that is first partially cooked, then mixed with coconut milk until very thick in consistency. The topping is latik or the fried coconut milk curd, set at the center of each slice. Biko is like a soft, warm, sticky rice cake. It uses sweet rice or sticky rice. Biko is a Filipino rice cake made from sticky rice (locally known as malagkit), coconut milk, and brown sugar.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Filipino Glutinous Rice Cake(Biko) turns your day cheerful.