What’s up buddy, back with us in the most excellent receipes site. If you are searching for excellent Captain’s Fish Pie recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Captain’s Fish Pie recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to captain’s fish pie recipe. To make captain’s fish pie you only need 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a heavenly Captain’s Fish Pie:
- Use 1 of Kilo of Potatoes.
- Prepare 300 Grams of Smoked Cod.
- Use 300 Grams of Cod Loin.
- You need 2 of Large Onions.
- You need 200 Grams of Butter + butter for mash.
- Prepare 300 mls of Milk, + milk for mash.
- Take 200 Grams (1 cup) of Frozen Peas.
- Take 200 Grams (1 cup) of Frozen Sweetcorn.
- Take to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on preparing Captain’s Fish Pie:
- Peel, slice and dice Potatoes. Put in a steamer or large pot. Bring to the boil and cook for about 15-20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, check both batches of Fish for any bones. Remove any skin (see below). Cut into thumb size chunks..
- Peel, slice and dice the Onions, put in a large saucepan or Wok with the butter and heat gently until soft..
- Add the fish chunks, cook gently for about 5 minutes, then add the Peas, Sweetcorn and 300 mls of Milk. Bring up heat to a bubble, then simmer for about 10 minutes until fish is just cooked. Check sauce and add Salt and Pepper to taste..
- Meanwhile, drain the Potatoes and mash with a little butter and milk until smooth and creamy..
- Using a slotted spoon, 3/4 fill the dishes with the Fish mix, leaving about 3 cms(1”), room at the top..
- Spread the mashed Potato over the top of the fish mix, making sure it is all covered. Use a fork to poke a couple of holes in the top to release steam. Draw lines with a fork if you wish!.
- Cook in a medium- hot oven for about 20-30 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Serve hot!.
- Once cool, can be transferred to a suitable container and frozen up to three months. Please Cook Snap!!.
The pie is usually made with white, often smoked, fish (for example cod, haddock or halibut) in a white sauce or cheddar cheese sauce made using the milk the fish was poached in. Fresh cabbage combined with Captain D's own signature sweet slaw dressing with a delicate blend of sweet and savory flavors. Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod. Arrange fish in single layer in sauce; turn fish over. A Fish Pie fit for a king!
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web page fruitful Sharing this web site to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Captain’s Fish Pie turns your day joyful.