What’s up guys, welcome back to the most excellent receipes blog. If you are looking for pleasing Homity Pie recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Homity Pie recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homity pie recipe. To make homity pie you only need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to produce a yummy Homity Pie:
- Get of Pastry.
- Take 400 g of white flour.
- Get 200 g of shortening or butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Get Pinch of black pepper.
- You need 150 ml of water.
- Use of Pie Filling.
- Provide 1.25 kg of potatoes (peeled).
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 1 of medium leek.
- Use 200 g of mature cheddar and mozzarella.
- Provide 10 g of butter.
- Use of Large handful of chopped parsley.
- Provide 50 ml of milk.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on serving Homity Pie:
- Rub the fat into the flour until you have breadcrumbs. Add the salt, pepper and water and mix into a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and set aside and n the fridge for about 30min.
- Chop the onions, leek and garlic and gentle fry in some oil until the onions are brown and caramelised. Leaving the lid on the pan helps with this..
- Peel and dice the potatoes into chunks and boil until tender in salted water. Drain and add to the fried onions with the butter and the milk. Add half the parsley and a handful of cheese and mix..
- Roll out the pastry to fit a greased 8" deep pie tin, and lay it in, folding over the edges to prevent shrinking. Bake blind with a painting of whisked egg on the inside to prevent the soggy bottom! 5min at 200-220°C Some pastry should remain for the lid..
- Take the pastry lined tin and fill with the potato mix. Spread the remaining cheese and parsley on top. Then with the remaining pastry, roll out to a disk that covers the top on the tin. With the remaining egg, wet the edge of the pie, and then lay the pastry disk on top, pressing into place. Apply the egg over the top of the disk..
- Bake at 200°C for 25 min until golden brown. Once removed, trip the pastry edges for neatness and allow to cool. Cut and eat cold..
Homity pie is a traditional British open vegetable pie. The pastry case contains a filling of potatoes and an onion and leek mixture, which is then. Supposedly developed by the Land Girls during the Second World War to make the most of rations, this indulgent version uses plenty of cheese and cream too. Homity pie is a traditional British open vegetable pie. The pastry case contains a filling of potatoes and an onion and leek mixture, which is then covered with Homity pie.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this site to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Homity Pie turns your day joyful.