What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes page. If you are searching for best Inji Curry (Kerala Style Ginger Curry) recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Inji Curry (Kerala Style Ginger Curry) recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to inji curry (kerala style ginger curry) recipe. To cook inji curry (kerala style ginger curry) you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a yummy Inji Curry (Kerala Style Ginger Curry):
- Get 100 gms of Ginger.
- You need 1 of Small Lemon Size Tamarind.
- Use 2 tsp of Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Get of Jaggery (Gooseberry Size).
- Provide 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 2 of Whole Red Kashmiri Chillies.
- Get of Curry Leaves (1 Sprig).
- Use of Salt (As required).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fenugreek Powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on serving Inji Curry (Kerala Style Ginger Curry):
- Clean the ginger. Cut them into small pieces and fry them in coconut oil..
- Crush the fried ginger using a mortar or pestle..
- Make tamarind pulp (Add 1 tbsp water to tamarind). To it, add chilli powder, coriander powder, jaggery and salt. Mix well. Add crushed ginger too. Add 1/2 cup of water to it and mix well..
- Heat some more oil in the same pan in which ginger was fried. Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Add whole red kashmiri chillies and curry leaves. Add the ginger, jaggery and tamarind mixture..
- Let it boil till it becomes thick. Add fenugreek powder and mix. Off the flame..
- This dish can be cooled and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week..
Inji Theeyal or Ginger Curry is a classic dish served in Kerala during Sadhya or even at home on a regular basis. This curry is not only tasty but has so many medicinal benefits. Ginger Curry or Inji Curry in Malayalam is perhaps the tastiest of all curries in Kerala cuisine. Vararuchi was a brahmin in ancient Kerala. He used to travel to distant places and during his trips he used to have food from the Brahmin families he visited in those places.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Hope that your Inji Curry (Kerala Style Ginger Curry) makes your day joyful.