Hi buddy, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes page. If you are looking for excellent Cardamom Shortbreads recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Cardamom Shortbreads recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cardamom shortbreads recipe. To make cardamom shortbreads you only need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to produce a appetizing Cardamom Shortbreads:
- You need 8 of cardamom pods.
- Provide 200 g of butter.
- Prepare 25 g of ground rice.
- You need 240 g of plain flour.
- Use 70 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg.
- Use of demerara sugar, for rolling.
- Prepare of vanilla sugar for dusting.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on serving Cardamom Shortbreads:
- Lightly crush the cardamom pods to release the seeds, discard the shells and put the seeds into a mortar. Crush finely with the pestle..
- Place the butter, ground rice, flour and icing sugar in a food processor and mix until you have a dough..
- Turn the dough out onto the work surface and push with your hands into a roll, about 3-4 cm in diameter. Wrap in plastic film and place in the fridge for an hour. Chilling is an important stage, don't rush it, otherwise the shortbreads will spread too much when they're cooking..
- Take the roll out of the fridge and remove the film. Brush with beaten egg and roll in demerara sugar. Place back in the fridge for another 30 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2. Take the roll out of the fridge and cut into thin slices, about 5mm thick, and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. You could cut the roll in two and store the other half in the fridge for baking another day. I used half the roll and it made 13 biscuits..
- Sprinkle a little vanilla sugar over the top of the biscuits and bake for around 15 minutes on a low shelf. I think the secret of getting these shortbreads crisp is to make sure you don't cook them too quickly, and that they bake to a pale golden colour..
- Cool on a wire rack and don't store in a jar or a tin until they are completely cold..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Cardamom Shortbreads makes your day joyful.