What’s up buddy, back with us in the most interesting receipes web site. If you are searching for tasty Scouse pie recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Scouse pie recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to scouse pie recipe. To cook scouse pie you only need 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to cook a remarkably good Scouse pie:
- You need 400 g of organic beef diced.
- Take 300 g of organic lamb diced.
- Use 1 of large onion.
- Get 2-3 of parsnips.
- You need 2-3 of carrots.
- Get of Black pepper.
- Get of Oxo cubes x2.
- Get of Worcestershire sauce.
- Take 700 g of potatoes cubed.
- You need of Pastry.
- Provide 225 g of plain flour.
- Take 1 of egg yolk.
- Get Dash of salt.
- Get 125 g of butter.
- Provide 125 ml of ice cold water (as required).
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on cooking Scouse pie:
- Chop onion finely and sautee in olive oil. Do not let it burn..
- Diced the meat to smaller cubes than I would use normally for the scouse. Sprinkle with ground black pepper and brown the meat. Splash with worcester sauce cook out and reserve with the softened onion.
- Soften chopped carrot and parsnip a bit in leftover meat juices. Reserve with meat.
- Dice 2 of the potatoes very finely. We want them to break up while cooking. Add to the slow cooker with rest of ingredients.
- Top with cold water to cover potatoes. Add crumbled oxo cubes and cook on high for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours add rest of potatoes chopped to the slow cooker. Reduce the heat to low and cook for further 3 hours. Stir and add a splash of Worcestershire sauce if you like.
- Make a pastry mixing flour, butter, egg yolk and water in a bowl. Knead until dough soft and doesn't stick to the surface. Wrap in cling film and put in fridge for 40-50 minutes(or you can use ready made short crust pastry).
- Roll with rolling pin. Use 2/3 of the pastry to cover bottom of pie dish..
- Fill pie dish with cold left over scouse. Dampen edges a bit. Roll rest of the pastry and cover pie dish. You may want to press edges together by hand or with fork..
- Make a couple of holes to let air out so that pie doesn't explode. Brush a bit of beaten egg for shine.
- Bake on medium oven 160°C for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
The word comes from lobscouse, a stew commonly eaten by sailors throughout Northern Europe, which became popular in seaports such as Liverpool. Scouse is a type of lamb or beef stew. The word comes from lobscouse, a stew commonly eaten by sailors throughout northern Europe, which became popular in seaports such as Liverpool. A lovely Kate and Sydney pie [Not really rhyming slang – more a matter of getting your mords wixed up]. Blimey – he gets two pigs (beers) in him and he starts telling porkies.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this web site to your friends is the deal Hope that your Scouse pie turns your day cheerful.