Greetings to everyone out there, welcome back to the most excellent receipes web page. If you are looking for best German Style Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent German Style Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to german style stewed sauerkraut with sausages recipe. You can cook german style stewed sauerkraut with sausages using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a delicious German Style Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages:
- Take 450 g (1 lb) of Sauerkraut, keep some of the juice (about 4 cups/1000 ml).
- Get 1 of Bay leaf.
- Provide 5-6 of Juniper berries.
- Get 3-4 of whole cloves.
- Take 1 tsp of Caraway seeds.
- Provide 1/2 cup of White wine.
- Provide 4 of Your favorite German sausages.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the steps on cooking German Style Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages:
- Gather your ingredients! If you can, use fresh sauerkraut found in the refrigerated section of the store or homemade sauerkraut. If not, the jarred ones are okay..
- Lightly press the juniper berries under a knife. This helps them release their flavor..
- Put sauerkraut into a pot along with about 1 cup of its juices and 1 cup of water. Add all the spices and bring to a boil..
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes. Check it a couple times to make sure it still has enough liquid left to simmer. Add a little water if it's getting too low. It should be "moist" but not soupy..
- Add wine and bring to simmer again. Add sausages and cook on low for an additional 15 minutes. If you prefer, you may also pan-fry or grill the sausages separately, then serve with the kraut instead..
- Serve with boiled or roasted potatoes, or your favorite hearty bread..
Pub-Style German Mustard & Beer Sausages with OnionsWildflour's Cottage Kitchen. This easy recipe for German sausage and sauerkraut produces a simple one-dish meal with wonderful flavors, perfect for warming a cold winter night. Any type of smoked German sausage goes well in this combination with vegetables and sauerkraut is really delicious and warming. Sausages and Sauerkraut are a delicious combination! Sauerkraut Stew with Sausages • Best German Recipes. mybestgermanrecipes.com.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this site to your families is the deal Hope that your German Style Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages turns your day cheerful.