Hello guys, welcome back to the most interesting receipes blog. If you are searching for best Pegion peas recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Pegion peas recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pegion peas recipe. You can cook pegion peas using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a remarkably good Pegion peas:
- Take 2 cups of pegion peas boiled.
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Use 1 of tomato, diced.
- Provide 1 of whole small garlic.
- Provide of Salt.
- Provide 4 tbsp of veg oil or coconut oil.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Use 1/2 cup of coconut cream (optional).
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on serving Pegion peas:
- Have ingredients in one place.
- Put oil and onions in cooking pot on medium high heat.
- When the onions turn golden add crushed garlic and stir till aromatic..
- Add tomatoes and stir until tender and the oil separates from the tomato mixture..
- Add boiled pegion peas and Salt, stir. Add some of the water it was boiled in. (this water has alot of nutrients that leached out during Boiling). Let it cook on medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk (I added water in my coconut cream to make it lighter), stir and cover. Let it simmer on low heat for 5- 10 minutes untill much of the water has evaporated..
- Serve with preferred starch, cassava, sweet potato e.tc. I served mine with swahili doughnuts commonly known as mahamri.
The pigeon pea, also called the Congo or Gunga pea, is a widely grown legume with a variety of uses. It is considered an environmentally beneficial plant as it can enrich soil. A wide variety of pigeon peas options are available to you, such as cultivation type, style. The pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan, syn. Cajanus indicus) is a member of the family Fabaceae.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this site to your mates is the deal Wish that your Pegion peas turns your day joyful.