What’s up friends, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are looking for best Pickled Red Cabbage recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Pickled Red Cabbage recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pickled red cabbage recipe. You can have pickled red cabbage using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a tasty Pickled Red Cabbage:
- Provide of Spiced vinegar:.
- Prepare 1500 ml of White distiled malt vinegar.
- Use 170 grams of Honey.
- Get 2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Get 2 tsp of mixed peppercorns.
- Provide 2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Get of Cabbage preperation:.
- Use 2 head of Red Cabbage.
- Take of Salt.
- You need of Jarring:.
- Get 4 large of Sterilised Jars.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on producing Pickled Red Cabbage:
- Cut the stalk ends off the cabbages and pull off the outer leaves and discard. Slice the cabbages in half then in half again. Cut out any tough stalk you can see, then shred the cabbage to about 1 cm width or however you prefer it chunky or not. Place in a bowl and cover in salt then wrap in cling film and leave for 24 hours..
- After the cabbage has sat for 24 hours find suitable Jars for placing the pickled cabbage in..
- Wash the jars and sterilise, i sterilse by putting them in my halogen oven at 130°C for 13 minutes..
- While the jars are sterilising start making the spiced vinegar. Place the vinegar, honey, mustard seeds, peppercorns and coriander seeds in a pan and gently heat. Once the honey is melted and mixed into the vinegar its ready. Pour the vinegar mixture into a cold jug to stop it cooking off the liquid.
- Take a hot jar out of the oven with gloves and carefully pack it full of cabbage. Really push the cabbage down in the jar to get the maximum amount inside. Do this for all the jars. Pour over the vinegar until the cabbage is covered then place on the warm lid from the oven this will help it get a perfect seal..
- Leave for a week and the jar liquid will turn a lovely purple/red and its ready for eating. Tastes really good on stews..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this page to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Pickled Red Cabbage turns your day cheerful.